Sunday 9 December 2012

Pepper Rasam...



After my marriage he always used to tell me about his mother recipes…J But I am not so lucky to taste my MIL recipe (She is no more…L)Whenever he gets cold he never fails to remember the “Menasin Saru (Pepper Rasam)” which is prepared by his mother. Once I thought to do it, searched all the recipes in net but never satisfied with any available once, than I listened his words carefully put some effort to bring out same taste as my MIL…it works out great…and even he praised saying “it taste just like my mom”..;) I felt like one more feathers in my hat…J

Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min

Serves for: 2 persons


Ingredients: 
2 tbsp - Black Pepper

1inch – Cinnamon
2 – Cloves
1 tsp – Cumin Seeds
1 tsp – Mustard Seeds
11/2 tsp - Oil
2 Cups - Water
1 – Tomato
2 tbsp – Gram floor (Besan)
1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder
4 Cloves - Garlic
A pinch of Asafoetida
A pinch of Salt
Fresh finely chopped coriander
Fresh finely chopped curry leaves 

Direction for Preparation:
1. Boil Tomato and smash it, Chop garlic and Curry leaves, keep aside.
2. Roughly powder black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, cumin seeds, and mustard seeds in hand mil
3. Take bowl and put two cups of water for this add smashed tomato, besan, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt mix well without lumps.
4. In pan add oil, when it is hot add chopped garlic and curry leaves. Let it splutter for few seconds.
5. Now add powdered mixture of black pepper and mix well.
6. Now add mixture of water with other ingredients and mix well.
7. Add fresh chopped coriander and boil the sambar to the desired consistency. This sambar is very thin watery consistency good for cough and cold as we are using pepper in it.
8. Serve hot Sambar with hot Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment