Monday 16 April 2012

Eggless Date Cake



My mom always love to have cake, even she is vegetarian but never thinks of it when it comes to Cakes..:). During my childhood mom use to take cake whenever we come across bakery (we hardley come across such good quality and fresh cake as we are getting today since we used to leave in small town).But always I used to finish the cake first by just giving some pieces to my mom, never she complained about this...:(  Now I grown up and married, when my mom First time visited my home after marriage I thought to prepare CAKE only for her, this what result reciepe. It came out really nice I served this with Vanilla ice cream its awesome..:)


Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Serves for: 6 persons
Ingredients:
18 seedless dates(Khajoor)
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup all purpose flour/maida 
1/2 cup oil
1 tea spn baking soda
1 tbl spn cashews, walnuts(optional)
Method:
1. Heat milk and dates for few minutes,until dates became soft to grind.
2. Add sugar and grind them to a smooth paste along with the milk. 
3. Add oil to the above mixture and mix well.
4. Sieve together flour and baking soda. Add the flour one table spoon at a time and mix slowly. Add the nuts and mix.
5. Preheat the oven at 280C. Bake the cake in a greased oven proof dish for 20-25min (or till a tooth pick inserted in the cake comes out clean).
Serve the piece of cake with Vanilla ice cream..:), Love this recipe


( the original recipe is from Aayis Recipe.com, I made changes according to my taste)

No comments:

Post a Comment