Tuesday 19 June 2012

Baby Corn - Manchurian


Today I took off from office, to relax and bring back my lost energy by preparing some delicious food.So started my day with morning breakfast Vegetable POHA, followed by very lite lunch Maggie since I was alone in home...;) and now its evening time to show my cookery skill and get tap on shoulder by my husband once he is back from office..;) I thought and surfed of many recipes which are not tried by me till now..:) Came across this fantastic spicy Baby Corn Manchurian immediately I checked for availability of ingredients in my home.. thank god all of them I am having. Now its time to try this spicy recipe and pen down recipe in my blog..

Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Serves for: 2 persons


Ingredients:

For the batter :
Baby Corn - 10 cut into small pieces
Cornflour - 4 tbsp
Maida - 1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red chily powder- 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - to toast 

For the manchurian:
Oil - 1 tbsp
Capsicum - 1 medium size cut into ½ inch squares
Big Onion- 1
Soya sauce - 2 tsp
Tomato sauce - 3 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Spring onions - 2 tbsp
Coriander - 2tsp
Corn Flour water mixture - Mix 1 tbsp of cornflour with water


Direction For Preparation:
1. Finely chop onions, capsicum, spring onion and coriander.
2. Boil baby corn with water and salt. Drain water and keep aside.
3. In a mixing bowl mix cornfloor, maida, ginger and garlic paste, red chili powder and salt with babycorn
4. Add little water to form a thick paste and marinate for 15mins.
5. Toast the baby corn with oil in dosa tawa until crispy/roasted well (You can deep fry too if you are ready to consume more calories, in both cases taste will remain same).
6. In another hot pan add oil and spring onions saute for a minute.
7. Then add onion saute until slightly browned then add capsicum and saute for 2mins. (Let the onions and capsicum retains its crispiness and do not let them turn brown)
8. Add soya sauce and mix well in high flame.
9. Now reduce flame and add tomato sauce, cornflour mixture and required salt and bring the sauce to boil.
10. Add the toasted baby corn and mix well. Garnish with spring onions, Coriander and serve hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment