Sunday 18 November 2012

Apple Cinnamon Pie..

Till now not able to get my pie dish in bangalore..:( As I am always stuck with work hardly I get some weekends which are free enough,where I can do some trail and error. So yesterday I got it... thought to try my many days wish that is PIE..APPLE PIE...APPLE CINNAMON PIE...But my first worry was not having any pie dish. still managed to do it in my cake baking tray, which turned out very well, Second worry is how my pie crust turn out, trust me pie crust was very crispy and very tasty. Finally I was happy as I tried one of my favorite dish.

Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Serves for: 4 persons


Another Click...of beautiful mouth watering Pie...


Ingredients

For Filling:
2 – Apple chopped lengthwise
1 tbsp – Butter
2 tbsp – powdered Sugar
½ tsp – Cinnamon powder


For Pie:
1 cup – plain floor
100 gm – frozen Butter
2 tbsp – ice cold water
2 tbsp – butter or vegetable oil (1 egg substitute)

For Garnishing:
1 tsp – Castor Sugar
1 tsp – Chocolate Syrup


Direction for Preparation:
1. Preheat the oven at convention mode at 190C. Sift flour and mix it with Butter. Add cold water and knead into dough.
2. Mix butter, cinnamon powder, apples and powdered sugar and microwave for 3-4 min, keep aside to cool.
3. Roll the dough and cut into two layers of the shape of the pie dish.
4. Now line the dish with 1 layer, stuff it with the prepared apple filling and cover with other layer, press the edges together.
5. Brush the butter on the pie (egg substitute).
6. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 min, at 190C on convention mode.
7. Sprinkle castor sugar and garnish it with chocolate syrup.
8. Cut into wedges and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment