Wednesday 14 November 2012

Avalakki Chivada....Dipawali Special snack...

These chivada are my all time favourite.. I tasted these from many people but I always loved to have special chivada prepared by my mom.I tried them in my home more than thrice but never got time to pen down and take picture... So today as Dipawali special I prepared them,try out recipe and let me know how it come out. Enjoy Safe Dipavali with kurkure avalakki chivada...

Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Serves for: 4 persons


Ingredients:
2 cup – Avalakki (medium thin poha)
4 tbsp – Ground nuts
4 tbsp – Fried gram
1 tbsp – Coconut pieces
3 tbsp – Oil
1 tbsp – Sesame seeds
1 tsp – Coriander seeds
4-5 – Green Chilly
1 tsp – Termeric Powder
1 tsp – Chilly Powder
Salt - to taste
Fresh Curry leaves
Fresh Coriander leaves


Direction for Preparation:
1. Heat Avalakki in Microwave for about 5 min or until they are crisp, stirring in between to avoid burning. (Get medium thin poha, you can get it from megastores. For crispyness of avalakki my mom used to dry them in sunlight, as modern technology utilization I used microwave for this process…J)
2. Slit the green chillies length wise and keep aside. (Adjust these according to taste)
3. In Kadai, put oil and add ground nuts first and stir continuously.
4. When Ground nuts are started to brown in colour, add fried gram , green chilly, Coconut pieces,coriander seeds,curry leaves.Let them splitter.
5. Add turmeric powder,salt and red chilly powder according to taste.
6. Now add coriander seeds,sesame seeds and stir well.
7. Switch off the gas and let it cool the mixture completely (to maintain crispiness of avalakki)
8. After cooling completely add fresh and finely chopped coriander.
9. Add crispy avalakki and stir well. Store in air tight container, can store more than 15 days.
10. Serve them with cup of coffee to you Diwali guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment